Equip laboratory staff with knowledge and skills required in performing DST for M. tuberculosis. Specifically to:
- 1. Practice biosafety in all laboratory procedures
2. Prepare LJ drug containing media and MGIT 960 reagents.
3. Perform identification test for MTB using immune-chromatography test from solid culture.
4. Perform work-ups in from liquid culture(MGIT 960).
5. Record and report DST results in accordance to NTP guidelines.
6. Know the quality assurance being employed for DST on MTB.
Competencies being acquired
Participants are expected to:
- 1. Attain ≥ 90% grade on Laboratory practices.
2. Pass the Competency examination with ≥ 90% grade.
3. With ≥80% passing rate on written examination.
Number of Days:
Registered Medical technologists
Unit conducting the training
National Tuberculosis Reference Laboratory Training unit
(02)807-2631, 32, 37 Local 109