To train Medical Technologists to be proficient in testing/screening for HIV and other Transfussion Transmissible Infections.
Competencies being acquired
- Proper donor selection and interview
- Demonstration of basic biosafety principles
- Proper pipetting technique
- Testing blood using rapid test kits, rapid plasma reagin, particle agglutination and enzyme immunoassay
- Validation of test results
- Detection of malarial parasites in a blood smear
- Employment of principles of quality assurance and quality control
Number of Days:
Schedule of Training (2023)
All dates are subject to change and a prior notice will be provided to pre-registered participants.
Full Course (Hybrid Format)
a. 24 to 28 April
b. 19 to 23 June
c. 14 to 18 August
d. 09 to 13 October
Licensed Medical Technologists working in a Blood Service Facility
PhP 12,000.00 per participant
Unit conducting the training
Transfusion Transmissible Infections – NRL
(02) 8807 2628 local 229
(02) 8808 2552
For more information, please visit our page.
Click here to view details on the Refresher Course.