To train Medical Technologists to be proficient in testing/screening for HIV and other Transfussion Transmissible Infections.
Competencies being acquired
- Proper donor selection and interview
- Demonstration of basic biosafety principles
- Proper pipetting technique
- Testing blood using rapid test kits, rapid plasma reagin, particle agglutination and enzyme immunoassay
- Validation of test results
- Detection of malarial parasites in a blood smear
- Employment of principles of quality assurance and quality control
Number of Days:
Schedule of Training
Due to the RITM response with the COVID-19 pandemic, we have cancelled all face-to-face events including trainings. Enrollments for all remaining 2020 courses are currently suspended until further notice.
Reservation is on a first-come-first-served basis
Licensed Medical Technologists working in a Blood Service Facility
Unit conducting the training
Transfusion Transmissible Infections – NRL
(02) 8807-2631, 32, 37 local 229
For more information, please visit our page.
Click here to view details on the Refresher Course.