- 1. A broad understanding of the parasitic diseases of public health importance in the Philippines from a general and laboratory perspective.
2. Basic microscopy skills required for detection of parasites and identification of their diagnostic stages in feces, blood and other body fluids.
3. A summary of the morphologic characteristics that are used in the identification of protozoa and Helminths.
Competencies being acquired
- 1. Actual demonstrations of different laboratory procedures
2. Practical bench work
3. Practice demonstrations
4. Practice guided and test series (parasite identification)
Schedule of Training:
Number of Days:
Unit conducting the training
For interested applicants, please send a letter of intent for participation addressed to Mr. Sherwin A. Galit (Training Coordinator) via this email address: email@example.com
(02)807-2631, 32, 37 Local 227/ 255