An External Quality Assessment Scheme (EQAS) evaluates the performance of participating laboratories by assessing the integrity of the entire testing from sample receipt to releasing of test results. This would allow comparison of the laboratory’s testing to the performance of a peer group and/or the national reference laboratory.
The panels offered by Research Institute for Tropical Medicine consist of a combination of positive and negative samples that are designed to mimic patient samples. Completed tests are then encoded online via Oneworld Accuracy System (OASYS), a cloud-based application developed by 1WA, and the data are then analyzed under ISO13528. Performance reports are provided to the participants to assess their results and compare their performance against their peer group.
Participation in an EQAS program is required under local regulatory policies for a laboratory to operate.
The Research Institute for Tropical Medicine offers the following EQAS programs:
- Transfusion Transmissible Infections
- SARS-CoV-2 Molecular
The SARS-CoV-2 Molecular EQAS registration has ended last 2 March 2022. For questions or concerns, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the 2022 RITM NEQAS Cycle (Bacteriology, Parasitology, Mycobacteriology and Transfusion Transmissible Infections), registrations shall open on 20 April 2022 (Wednesday) at 9:00 AM PST* and close strictly on 31 May 2022 (Tuesday) at 11:59 PM PST.*
*Philippine Standard time
INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS | REGISTRATION ORIENTATION MEETING
ONLINE INFORMATICS SYSTEM
Need help on accessing OASYS? Please visit their help page for support resources.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
You can find answers in our list of frequently asked questions (FAQs). Browse through the FAQs listed by category.
Didn’t find the answer you are looking for? Write us an email at email@example.com or give us a call at +63 2 8850 1949.
- Amendment to Department Memorandum No. 2009-0086-A Entitled, “Implementation of External Quality Assessment Program as Regulatory Requirement for Licensing of Clinical Laboratories”
(Department Memorandum No. 2009-0086B | 08 September 2014)
- Agreement on the New Timelines for the Application and Issuance of Certificate of Performance / Certificates of Proficiency of External Quality Assessment Program (EQAP) Conducted by National Reference Labroatories (NRLs)
(Department Circular No. 2017-0173 | 19 May 2017)
- Participation of Clinical Laboratories and Blood Service Facilities in the External Quality Assessment Program which are not applicable for their category.
(Department Memorandum 2018-0062 | 12 February 2018)
- Updated Guidelines for the Bi-Annual Proficiency Test for Transfusion Transmissible Infections (TTIs) Serology
(Department Circular No. 2019-0227 | 22 May 2019)
- Guidelines on the Implementation of the Molecular Laboratory Quality Assurance Program for the COVID-19 Laboratory Network
(Department Memorandum No. 2021-0332 | 01 July 2021)
- Guidelines on the RITM National External Quality Assessment Scheme
(RITM Guidelines | 24 February 2022)