The ARSP Accreditation is granted to aerobic bacteriology laboratories that maintains suitable performance standards.
The laboratory applying for ARSP Accreditation shall undergo and is required to pass two (2) phases to be granted accreditation.
- Proficiency Test: The applicant laboratory shall receive from ARSRL-RITM unknown bacterial isolates for identification and susceptibility testing. Worksheets shall be provided together with the analytes to be sent back to the ARSRL at a specified deadline. Laboratories are required to pass this phase to be able to proceed to the second phase which is the inspection.
- Inspection: ARSRL staff shall visit the laboratories who passed the proficiency test and assess the current practices and infrastructure using a standard tool adapted from WHO Laboratory Assessment Guide. All laboratories that pass the inspection shall be given the Accreditation.
For the 2023 ARSP Accreditation Cycle, online registration shall be open on 15 June 2023 (Thursday) and close strictly on 31 August 2023 (Thursday) at 05:00 PM Philippine Standard Time. The link for the online registration is: http://accreditation.arsp.com.ph/.
- Current Hospital License to Operate
- Valid calibration certificates (with required parameters for each type of equipment) and photos of the following laboratory equipment:
- Biosafety cabinet (Inflow Velocity Test, Downflow Velocity Test, HEPA Filter Leak Test, and Smoke Pattern)
- O2 incubator (Pressure, Temperature, and Sterilization Time)
- Autoclave (Temperature)
- Floor Plan of Bacteriology Laboratory
- Notarized Affidavit of Undertaking signed by the Hospital Director (Click this link for template) http://docs.google.com/document/d/1SElFelLyEncDw8jPgTdAB9aNklUoEluu/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=109676301273905080447&rtpof=true&sd=true
A. Application/Proficiency Testing Fee
A fee amounting to Php12,000.00 shall be paid to the Research Institute for Tropical Medicine. This fee applies to applicants with a payment reference code obtained from the Antimicrobial Resistance Surveillance Reference Laboratory (ARSRL) and covers application and proficiency testing processes. Payments should only be made once requirements are confirmed to be valid and complete. Payment should be made on or before August 31, 2023 at 5:00 PM.
B. Inspection Fee
This fee applies to laboratories that passed the Proficiency Testing. The schedule of fees shall be computed based on actual travel expenses of the inspection team to the applying institution.
C. Mode of Payment
Payments can only be made through the following channels:
Over-the-counter deposit (Cash/Commercial Check). Account details shall be provided through the registered institutional upon successful verification of completion and validity of the submitted requirements.
Payment via the Landbank E-payment Facility. Payment instructions shall be sent to the registered institutional email together with the submitted requirements.
Disclaimer: Payment made through other channels will not be accepted.