The ARSP Accreditation is the evaluation process conducted by the Antimicrobial Resistance Surveillance Reference Laboratory (ARSRL) of the Research Institute for Tropical Medicine (RITM) to ensure quality of the processes and results from hospital laboratories.
The institution applying for ARSP Accreditation shall undergo and is required to pass two (2) phases for successful accreditation.
- Proficiency Test: The applicant laboratory shall receive from ARSRL-RITM unknown bacterial isolates for identification. Worksheets shall be provided together with the analytes to be sent back to the ARSRL at a specified deadline. Laboratories are required to pass this phase to be able to proceed to the second phase which is the inspection.
- Inspection: ARSRL staff shall visit the laboratories who passed the proficiency test and assess the current practices and infrastructure using a standard tool adapted from WHO Laboratory Assessment Guide. All laboratories that pass the inspection shall be given the Accreditation.
For the 2022 ARSP Accreditation Cycle, online registration shall be open on 01 June 2022 (Wednesday) and close strictly on 31 August 2022 (Wednesday) at 05:00 PM Philippine Standard Time. The link for the online registration is: http://accreditation.arsp.com.ph/.
- Hospital License to Operate
- Photos of the following equipment showing calibration certificate: Biosafety cabinet, incubator, autoclave
- Floor plan of the bacteriology laboratory
- Notarized Affidavit of Undertaking signed by the Hospital Director (Click this link for template) http://docs.google.com/document/d/1SElFelLyEncDw8jPgTdAB9aNklUoEluu/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=109676301273905080447&rtpof=true&sd=true
- Payment of ARSP Accreditation Fee: Php 12,000.00