The Biologicals Manufacturing Division is responsible for the production of freeze-dried Bacillus Calmette–Guérin (BCG) vaccine and liquid Purified Cobra Anti-Venom (PCAV) that are in accordance with the requirements of the local regulatory authority and the cGMP Standards of the World Health Organization. It is also responsible for storage of Expanded Program on Immunization (EPI) vaccines, Adult Vaccines, Rabies Vaccines, and other biologicals such as kits, and its distribution to all regional health offices, and selected provincial and city health offices.
Quality Assurance Department
The Quality Assurance Department for Biologicals is responsible for ensuring that the vaccines produced at BMD are potent, sterile, safe, and meet the efficacy requirements as mandated by the Department of Health.
Quality Control Department
The Quality Control Department is concerned with the conduct of chemical and microbiological quality control tests on produced vaccines in accordance with the requirements of the World Health Organization Standards.
Vaccine and Biologicals Manufacturing Department
This department is responsible for the production of cGMP grade freeze-dried BCG vaccine, and the purified cobra anti venom (PCAV) which is supplied to the different regions of the country for cobra bite victims.
Storage and Distribution Department
Its functions are:
- to evaluate/inspect and accept raw materials for vaccine production for quarantine/ storage;
- to dispense raw materials for vaccine production;
- to dispense packaging, labeling materials for packaging of vaccines;
- to inspect, accept, and store vaccines at required temperature procured by Department of Health for Expanded Program on Immunization (EPI); Health Welfare of Elderly Person (HWOP); and Infectious Disease Office (IDO) for rabies prevention and control;
- to distribute EPI vaccines, vaccines for the elderly, rabies vaccines, and kits to different regional health offices, selected provincial and city health offices.
EPI vaccines: BCG; DPT; Hepatitis B; Polio; Measles (MV); Measles Rubella ( MR); Measles-Mumps-Rubella (MMR), DPT-HepB-Hib; Tetanus Toxoid; Rotarix (Live Attenuated Rotavirus); Tetanus Diptheria (Td); and Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine (PCV).
Adult vaccines: Influenza; Pneumococcal and Hepatitis B.
Other vaccines and kits: Rabies vaccine for human, Rabies vaccine for dogs; Tuberculin (PPD); ICT Filariasis kit, etc.