Equip laboratory staff with knowledge and skills required in performing Xpert MTB/Rif Assay. Specifically to:
- 1. Know about the WHO updates on recommended technologies to strengthen case finding.
2. Comprehend Xpert MTB/Rif technology, system and algorithms.
3. Set-up and install GeneXpert machine.
4. Follow Biosafety and Good Laboratory Practices in performing Xpert MTB/Rif procedures.
5. Demonstrate accurate result s and interpretation.
6. Record and report Xpert MTb/Rif results according to NTP guidelines.
7. Exhibit acceptable competency in troubleshooting Xpert MTB/Rif.
Competencies being acquired
Participants are expected to:
- 1. Install GeneXpert machine properly.
2. Achieve ≥ 90% grade on Laboratory practices.
3. Pass the Competency examination with ≥ 90% grade.
4. With ≥80% passing rate on written examination.
Number of Days:
GeneXpert technicians/ staff (Medical technologist, nurses, other health course professionals designated to operate the GX machine)
Unit conducting the training
National Tuberculosis Reference Laboratory Training unit
(02)807-2631, 32, 37 Local 109
Please use the Calendar of Activities to see scheduled courses throughout the year.