To train Medical Technologists to be proficient in testing/screening for HIV and other Transfussion Transmissible Infections.
Competencies being acquired
- 1. Proper donor selection and interview
2. Demonstration of basic biosafety principles
3. Proper pipetting technique
4. Testing blood using rapid test kits, rapid plasma reagin, particle agglutination and enzyme immunoassay
5. Validation of test results
6. Detection of malarial parasites in a blood
7. Employment of principles of quality assurance and quality control
Number of Days:
Schedule of Training
1. April 23 to 28, 2018
2. August 6 to 11, 2018
3. October 22 to 27, 2018
Reservation is on a first-come-first-served basis
Licensed Medical Technologists working in a Blood Service Facility
Unit conducting the training
(02) 807-2631, 32, 37 Local 229
For more information, please visit www.tti-nrl.com
Click here to view details on the Refresher Course.
Please use the Calendar of Activities to see scheduled courses throughout the year.