About the course
This course is designed to assist health research professionals in coming up with a proposal and/or protocol for their chosen research topic that is ready for submission to funding agencies and ethical review committees. It focuses on the process of writing the various sections of a grant proposal and developing a detailed protocol. An adult learning approach is utilized and trainees are provided the opportunity to consult with mentors (ratio 2:1).
Course Length: Five (5) days
Course Level: Introductory
What you’ll learn
• Elements, importance and purpose of proposal and protocol writing
• How to write a focused introduction and literature review, and draft SMART objectives
• How to refine intended study design
• How to write section on methods of analysis
• Appropriate ethical considerations applicable to a proposal or protocol
• Develop budget appropriate to a grant proposal or protocol
What you’ll earn
Certificate of Completion: 90% attendance to training
Certificate of Participation: Course requirements met/passed
The target participants are health research professionals (clinicians, nurses, laboratorians, biologists) who are either starting or refining a draft of a grant proposal or protocol of their research work. The participants are requested to submit their concept paper or draft with a working title and preliminary objectives (ideally approved by their supervisor).
1. Fully accomplished and signed Application Form
2. A copy of the concept paper or draft with a working title and preliminary objectives.
Note: RTC honors confidentiality of information.
4. Full payment two (2) weeks before the training
Please scan and send documents to email@example.com
Note: Course participants will be screened prior to training. RTC reserves the right to accept or deny application based on the screening. Substitutions are allowed as long as the substitute provides items no. 1, 2 & 3 and passes the screening process.
Participants are expected to bring laptop for course exercises.
Regular rate: PHP 30,000.00
Government rate: PHP 27,500.00
Inclusive of mentorship fee, materials and food (AM snack, Lunch, PM snack)
Mentorship fee: After the lecture sessions, the participants will have time to work individually and consult with mentors. The participants’ output will be discussed with their respective mentors who are experienced researchers with published work in international and peer-reviewed journals.
Maximum Number of Participants: 20 (first come, first serve basis)
October 16-20, 2017
Deadline for Application: September 15, 2017
Disclaimer: Published rate and schedule subject to change with or without prior notice.